GENERAL CONDITIONS VALID FOR FLORENCE AND ISLAND OF ELBA
Students must send the enrolment form, and two passport photographs either by mail, fax or e-mail to:
Via S. Spirito 14, - 50125 Firenze (Italy)
Fax +39 055 287 148
Applications become valid upon receipt of the school’s written confirmation.
• Courses (Florence + Elba):
An advance payment of 20% of the cost of the course + enrolment fee must be sent together with the enrolment form. The balance must be paid upon receipt of the written confirmation or, at the latest, by the end of the first day of the course.
Payment must be effected directly to the school by means of either: cash / international bank cheque / international money order / bank transfer (all bank charges to be met by the sender) / credit cards.
• Accommodation Elba: accommodations are confirmed only after receipt of an advance payment of 50 % of the total cost of the stay. Payments can be done either by check, made out in EUR and drawn to the chosen hotel, or by bank transfer directly to the hotel (all bank charges to be met by the sender). The balance can be settled with the hotel directly at the end of the stay also by credit card.
Payments or a copy of the bank transfer for courses and accommodation must be sent to Centro Fiorenza’s office in Florence.
• Accommodation Florence: a service in finding accommodation for all students regularly enrolled is offered. Rooms are reserved from Sunday prior to course date until Saturday after course ends. Fees have to be paid within the first 3 days in cash directly to the landlord. Notification of a change in accommodation must be given thirty days in advance.
Courses (Florence + Elba):
Must be notified in writing to the school office.
Before the course starts:
- For cancellations sent at least 30 days before the course starts: the entire sum, less the enrolment fee will be refunded.
- For cancellations sent 29 to 15 days before the course starts: the enrolment fee and 20% of the course (up to 8 weeks) will be forfeited.
- For cancellations giving less than 14 days notice, enrolment fee + 50% of the course (up to 8 weeks) will be forfeited.
After the course starts:
-No refunds are made for cancellations or to students leaving before the end of a course or starting later.
- For long term courses ( more than 8 weeks) the school will issue, for the balance, a credit note valid for 12 months.
- Deposits and fees are not transferable from person to person.
E xceptions will be made at the school’s discretion in special cases (serious illness, accident, etc.)
• Accommodation Elba: the advance payment will be refunded only in case the cancellation is received 21 days before the starting date of the stay; no refunds for cancellations received after this date.
In case the minimum number of participants (3) for group courses is not reached the school reserves the right to transform group lessons into a reduced number of individual lessons.
If a change of type or date of course is required, the student must notify the registration office at least 30 days before the beginning of the course. Other changes rest at the discretion of the school.
Students coming from countries that require a visa to study abroad need to contact the Italian embassy in their home country beforehand to complete formalities. A certificate of enrolment issued by the school is one of the requirements for obtaining a visa. In order to receive a certificate of enrolment the student must pay the full tuition fees. In case of refusal, students have to inform the school in writing, before the course starts, giving evidence of the rejection of the Italian Embassy. Only in this case the fees will be refunded less € 250 for secretarial expenses.
We advise students to take out medical and personal insurance before leaving their home country.
The school remains closed on Italian public holidays. Lessons for group language courses are not made up and there is no refund for these days.
The school is not liable for the loss of property on its premises.
PHOTOS portraying students may be used by the school for advertising purposes
BANK DATA FOR TRANSFERS
Monte dei Paschi di Siena, via dei Pecori 6/8, Firenze
Account holder: CENTRO FIORENZA
Account number: ABI 1030 - CAB 2800 c/c nr. 50640.12
SWIFT code: PASCITMMFIR
IBAN code: IT64 V 01030 02800 00000 5064012